To have a firearm shipped to CMI, please fill out the FFL Transfer Form. Click here for our INBOUND FFL Transfer form. You will receive a confirmation notice after submission. INCOMPLETE OR INCORRECTLY FILLED OUT FFL TRANSFER REQUESTS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. Please make sure you form is filled out correctly before you submit it. If you have any questions please email FFLTransfer@centermassinc.com.
- Our Inbound FFL Transfer Fee is $29.99.
- LEO, FD, EMS and other qualifying First Responders pay only $19.99 for inbound FFLs. (Proof of employment required at time of pick-up.).
- A gun lock is required for each gun being transferred. If your transfer does not come with a lock, you may provide your own or purchase one from Center Mass.
- Transfers can come from a Federal Firearms License Dealer (FFL) or private citizens.
- All firearms being shipped must be shipped Adult Signature Required
Person to Person/Private Party Transfer?
- If the shipment is from a private individual, the shipper (i.e. the firearms owner) MUST INCLUDE A COPY of their NON-EXPIRED DRIVER LICENSE OR GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID CARD and contact phone number in the box with the shipment along with the contact name and phone number of the person who is receiving the transfer.
- NOTE: FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN THE TRANSFER BEING REFUSED AND RETURNED TO SENDER.
- The FFL Transfer request form MUST still be filled out by the transfer recipient.
NOTE: Please do not show up and expect to receive your firearm until a CMI representative notifies you that its ready for pickup. Although the carrier may inform you that the firearm has been delivered, it may not be processed by our staff upon your arrival and we do not want to disappoint you.
The OUTBOUND FFL Transfer fee is also $29.99, plus a $44.99 shipping and handling fee per firearm.
Additional shipping insurance can be added, but is not required.
Here are the rules:
- You must determine that it is legal for the recipient to own the firearm… its the responsibility of you and the recipient to ensure the legality of shipping the weapon for final disposition in that state.
- You must provide a picture ID with current address information.
- Michigan Pistol Sales Record copies are required for pistols shipped from Michigan. If your state does not register pistols, a COLOR copy of your CURRENT drivers license/ state identification card is required. In addition, we will only accept the firearm from the owner of the firearm.
- Encase the firearm in a suitable shipping container. For example, original cases, hard cases, or soft cases are acceptable. Other non-original cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, gun socks, and towels are not.
- Provide an appropriate firearm lock with the shipment, or purchase one from CMI for inclusion in the shipment. Please include only original items that came with the firearm. Extra magazines, holsters, or other items cannot be shipped with the firearm.
- Firearms will only be shipped to a current Federal Firearms License Dealer (FFL).
Forms are available in our retail store.