2023 Executive Board
The Executive Board is responsible for the planning, organizing and execution of this event. It is the goal
of this board that all attendees receive a maximum return on their investment so they may improve their
patrol rifle and active assailant training programs and increase the safety of the citizens they serve.
To do this, we must conduct a fair, equitable, and challenging, yet safe event that tests individual skill,
organizational training, and the student's equipment during law enforcement relevant evolutions of fire. At
NPRC Championships we consider every participant a winner simply because they are going above and beyond to
themselves and their equipment against their peers. We view these participants and their agencies as
because good leaders are always looking to improve individually and organizationally.
Secondly, we must execute a well-organized educational conference that includes top notch instructors
variety of subjects, along with a concurrent vendor exhibition in an effort to give the attendee access to
most contemporary information and resources that can benefit them individually, and more importantly,
their organizations patrol rifle and active assailant training programs.
We thank you for your interest in this event and promise our best efforts in attaining our stated goals. We
invite you to join with us for this one of a kind training event.
Good luck, and may God Bless America and those who protect her.
- Mike Tkac is a retired Sergeant of the Newington PD - CT. He holds a bachelor’s degree from the
Connecticut and is a graduate of Command Staff Training at Babson University. He has previously worked
adjunct instructor for the Sig Arms Academy. He has been an active member of a SWAT team continually
where he continues to this day. He is a graduate of multiple training and tactical schools as well as
winner of several regional sniper championships and SniperCraft’s National Challenge. He is a certified
firearms instructor certified in handguns, Special Weapons and Tactics, sniper certification, rifle and
instructor certification and interactive Simunition training. He also is an armorer for Colt rifles and
other weapon systems. Mike is a member of the NTOA, ASA and is also an Advisory Board Member for the
- Mike Lego is a retired Detective with nineteen years of service in a suburban Metro Detroit (Michigan)
holds an associate degree in criminal justice. He was the Sniper Team Leader for Western Wayne County
Operations where he has been assigned for sixteen years. Det. Lego is a certified pistol, shotgun,
simuinition, PPCT, and police sniper instructor. He is also the 2010 recipient of the "Chief Jeff
for patrol rifle excellence for his contributions to the law enforcement profession and for his actions
battle where he shot and killed an armed robber. In doing so, Mike was wounded forcing his premature
- Patrick Fiorilli is a retired Detective of Lakewood PD in suburban Cleveland, Ohio. He is the current
Director of the Ohio Tactical Officers Association. Detective Fiorilli is an Ohio Peace Officers
Council Certified Law Enforcement Trainer for Advance Firearms Training, Patrol Rifle and is an active
the NTOA, OTOA, ITOA, and ILEETA.
- Jeff Felts is a retired police officer and Founder of the NPRC. He proudly served for twenty years as a
Officer & Sergeant in suburban Metro Detroit. He holds an associate degree in criminal justice, a
degree in business administration and is a graduate of Northwestern University School of Police Staff
Command. His training and tactical foundations are established through a 12 year Army career where he
active duty as an MP and in the reserves as an Infantry Drill Sergeant. He also served proudly for 12
years in a
part-time capacity with the Western Wayne County Special Operations Team as an Operator, Sniper, and
Leader. Jeff is a certified special weapons and tactics instructor, tactical rifle instructor, sniper
instructor, pistol instructor and President of Center Mass, Inc. He is member of the NRA, MTOA, and ASA.
serves as an Advisory Board Member of the American Sniper Association (ASA). Jeff has had the honor to
guest speaker at nationally renowned tactical seminars and has had articles on SWAT, police sniping and
leadership published in several professional trade magazines. For more info on Jeff and Center Mass,
2023 Advisory Board
The NPRC Advisory Board has been established to assist our Executive Board and CMI's staff in guiding
this event. The Advisory Board provides input in the development, planning, organizing, and execution of
this event. Each Advisory Board Member has been hand-picked to ensure that we have the best cross
section of leaders from police & sheriff's departments, federal law enforcement, corrections, military,
fire service, selected equipment manufacturers, private training companies and individuals who currently
oversee successful firearms training events. We are truly honored to be associated with these men and
women and thank them for their time, graciousness and contributions to our profession, their communities
and this event.
- Joseph P. DeBergalis: New York State Police (ret.) National Rifle Association.
- Chief Jeff Chudwin: Olympia Fields PD - IL (ret.) / ITOA President.
- Ofc. Derrick Bartlett: Ft. Lauderdale PD - FL (ret.) / ASA President / President of Snipercraft.
- Dep. Brian K. Sain: Jefferson County Sheriff's Office -TX / Training Division / Founder of
- Det. Nick Koahou: Redlands PD - CA.
- Ofc. Russ Lyons: Cleveland PD - OH (ret.).
- Sgt. Lane Critser: Utah County Sheriff's Office – UT (ret.)
- Dep. Dave Agata: St. John's County Sheriff's Office - FL.
- Det. Matt Jacques: Prince William County PD - VA (ret.).
- Chief Vinny Palazzolo: Ferndale PD - MI (ret.).
- Det. Vaughn Johnson: Jefferson County Sheriff's Office – WI.
- Lt. Todd Svenkesen: Detroit PD - MI.
- Sgt. Ron Sasaki: Bonney Lake PD - WA.
- Lt. Mark Stout: West Bloomfield PD - MI (ret.).
- Lt. Ed Mohn: Libertyville PD - IL (ret.) / NIPAS SWAT / ITOA Board of Directors.
- Ltc. Dave Grossman: Killology Research Group.
- Lt. Russ Yiesser: Oakland County Sheriff's Office - MI.
- Sgt. Nick Drakulich: Cicero PD - IL.
- Lt. John Farnsworth: Cleveland PD – OH.
- Trp. Ben Sonstrom: Michigan State Police.
- Dep. Kim Heath-Chudwin: Will County Sheriff's Office - IL.
- Capt. Dave Marshal: Dearborn PD (ret.).
- Lt. John Sherman: Northville Twp PD - MI (ret.) / Western Wayne County SWAT (ret.).
- Lt. Stacy Giek: Kalamazoo DPS - MI (ret.).
- Deputy Chief Dan Savage: Grand Rapids PD - MI (ret.).
- Chief Randy Krause: Rockwood PD - MI.
- SA / EMT Chuck Soltys: DEA PFI (ret.) / ITOA Board of Directors.
- Lt. Bob Parker: Omaha PD - NE (ret.).
- Mr. Dave Young.
- Eric Manning: Multi-Lakes Conservation Association.
- Thomas LeClair: Windsor EMS SOD - Ontario Canada.
- Carl Hospedales: Canadian Tactical Officers Association.
- Cyril Cheng: Canadian Customs / Board Member of the MTOA.
- Ned Christensen: Master Gunsmith & NPRC's Chief Armorer, President of Michigun's LTD.
- Frank Moss: EoTech.
- Ofc. Adrian Alan: Madison PD - WI (ret.).
- Lt. Jim Etzin: Oakland County Tactical Assistance Consortium (OakTac) - MI.
- Sgt. Mike Schwanbeck: Toledo PD - OH.
- D/Sgt. Chris Gioletti: Oakland County Sheriff's Office - (MI) / President of the Michigan Tactical
- Aron Cooper: U.S. Customs and Border Protection.