Concealed Carry & Self Defense - April 16, 2016 (8:00AM - 12:00PM)
DATES / TIMES / LOCATION: This four (4) hour seminar will be held twice on Saturday April 16th, and twice on Sunday April 17th, 2016 at CMI (33825 Plymouth Rd., Livonia MI) from 8:00am to noon and 1:00pm to 5:00pm.
COST:$59.00 per person. To register fill out our registration form and send it back to us. Seats are limited for each session and are secured on a first-come first-served basis.
DESCRIPTION: This seminar draws from a wide range of real world experience, proven doctrine, and methods for both preventing and surviving potentially lethal confrontations. This event is far more than just a seminar; it’s a comprehensive blend of our best information on self-defense! Topics include;
- Concealed Carry Equipment - holsters, gear, lights, and more will be displayed and introduced,
- What Happens in Defensive Shootings - gunfight variables and phenomena and how they affect training, gear and more,
- Defensive Options - prevention, avoidance, escape and fighting for your life, including information on non-firearms options for lethal or non-lethal force (OC spray, defensive edged weapons, lights, impact weapons and more),
- Self Defense Law, Justification for Use of Force, and Legal Issues - drawing or firing a firearm in self-defense,
- Concealed Carry Training, Techniques, & Tactics - important considerations on training and skills,
- Mindset - a recommended approach for a concealed carry and self-preservation lifestyle,
- Fighting Smart / Preparing for the Worst Case Scenarios - where to get more information, and how to develop your own self-defense training and plan.
INSTRUCTOR: CMI Senior Instructor Russ Lyons is a twenty year veteran police officer currently assigned to the Cleveland Police Department’s fulltime S.W.A.T. unit which conducts in excess of 300 tactical operations annually. Russ was previously assigned to the Ordnance Unit where he served as a lead firearms trainer for ten years. As a member of the Weapons Committee he was responsible for the selection of weapons as well as equipment. Russ was also responsible for the basic training of over eight hundred recruits and the development of the yearly in-service firearms training curriculum for his fifteen hundred officer department. Russ has attended numerous firearms schools and holds certifications as an instructor in multiple disciplines.
CMI, 33825 Plymouth Rd., Livonia MI 48150