NPRC Competition Rules
1. All participants must have completed a basic patrol rifle, tactical rifle, or carbine users course to be eligible to compete.
o Military basic training meets this requirement.
2. Competitors must wear at a minimum, their pistol belt with holster & handgun, personal body armor, eyes & ears.
o Even if you don't wear body armor on the street, it is mandatory for this event.
o Tactical vests are allowed as long as body armor is utilized.
o No competition rigs are allowed for the holsters or any magazine pouch.
3. No specially modified competition rifles will be allowed. These weapons must be
what you use on the street or in your assignment. Sniper related equipment as listed above will not be allowed.
o Lights are allowed.
o Vertical fore grip is allowed.
o Suppressors are allowed.
o You may not switch rifles during the competition. You must finish the competition with the rifle you start with.
4. There will be no sight in time on the day of the competition.
5. Bipods are not allowed.
6. No handed loaded ammunition. (Only factory ammunition is acceptable)
7. There will be absolutely no weapon or ammunition alibis.
8. Four (4lbs.) pounds is the minimum trgger weight that will be allowed in to this competition. (They will be checked prior to the start - No exceptions)
9. Optics are permissible up to x6 magnification.
o Only one optic, and or, one in-line magnifier maybe mounted on the weapon. Optics may not be mounted on the side of a weapon.
o Backup iron sights are allowed.
o You may not switch optics during the competition. You must finish the competition with your original optic or iron sights. Optics may not be voluntarily removed from a weapon. If your optic falls off during any evolution it may not be put back on, and you must finish the rest competition using iron sights.
10. We reserve the right to disqualify any weapon, equipment, ammunition or
shooter for violation of these, and other rules, or safety violations.
11. Failure to follow directions during an evolution results in disqualification from that
evolution and zero points, regardless of the point at which the directions were
12. If a major safety violation occurs during an evolution you will be stopped and
ejected form the tournament.